Monday, October 29, 2012

A sweepstakes win I lost

I thought about not sharing this experience, but this is a lesson that needs to be shared.  Last Thursday, my phone rang.  When I answered there was a man on the other end of the phone that had a voice of an old 70's disc jockey.  He was speaking so fast, but I did hear him say, I could be a winner of a fantastic fall getaway, or something along those lines.  I was still taken aback, because I never receive sweepstakes calls and have always thought I would be prepared if I did.  He asked me how did I feel, I said, good very slowly.  I was still wondering, who is this guy, is this a joke?  I asked what did I win, he said, I had not won anything yet, then he asked me how did I feel again.  I said good.  He said, 'Wrong answer, you were supposed to say fantastic, now I will call the next listener, thanks for listening."  He named the station, but I was in complete shock.  What did I not win?  Man....I am smart enough to have said fantistic.  Please call me back.  All of these thoughts, while sitting looking at my phone rushed through my brain. 

Well, now I know to be better prepared.  It is funny, because I enter so many sweeps, I did not know what he was talking about.   When entering sweeps for stations that are not in your listening area, you have to make note of it.

Well, this is a valuable lesson.  Now someone else has my prize.  Boo hoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment